Usually Tello requires a CDMA unlocked Sprint device, but there are also some non Sprint devices (CDMA compatible) that are eligible.
Here is a list of phones that can join Tello:
iPhones purchased through Apple stores, big box stores or carrier retail channels:
- AT&T & T-Mobile: 6, 6+, 6S, 6S+, SE, XS, XS Max, XR
- Verizon: 5S, 5C, 6, 6+, 6S, 6S+, SE, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus, X, XS, XS Max, XR
Nexus devices purchased through Google Play, big box stores or carrier retail channels:
- AT&T & Verizon: Nexus 5, 5X, 6, 6P, Pixel, Pixel XL
- T-Mobile: Nexus 5X, 6, 6P, Pixel, Pixel XL
- Alcatel - Idol 5
- Blu - S1
- Essential - PH-1
- Motorola - GX Pure Edition, G4, G4 Play, G4 Plus, G5 Plus, E4, E4 Plus, Z2 Play
- Samsung - Special Edition of Galaxy S7, S7 Edge, S8, S8 Plus & Note 8
Please note, that only devices manufactured for the USA or designed to be sold within the USA will work on the Tello network.