One family, one account, multiple savings
Families are one of a kind, why would each member's phone plan be the same?
- Easy account management
- No extra setup cost per line
- Downgrade or upgrade for free anytime
Get a tailored plan for each member
Start here! How many new lines do you need?
Build a custom plan for each line step by step!
100 minutes Free text
300 minutes Free text
500 minutes Free text
Unlimited mins Free text
Or choose one of our ready-made deals for your family
More about our family plans
- Enjoy 4G LTE/5G: unlimited data usage, speed throttled down to 2G once you use up your plan's data amount.
- You can turn your smartphone into a hotspot with free tethering. Share your data plan balance free of charge with all your other devices or with your friends.
- Minutes can be used for 60+ Countries. Every plan option comes with free calls and free unlimited text, even data only plans.
- The billing date for each line in your family account is set according to the day each plan is activated.
- You can upgrade or downgrade any plan anytime with no extra fees or add a new line with no extra cost. Each line is set up with its own plan choice, its own device, and its own number. No shared balance.
Why choose a family plan
- No contract, no fees
- Start from $5/per line
- Easy account management
- Free tethering
- Reconfigure anytime
- Free calls to 60+ countries
Frequently Asked Questions
When does my billing cycle start and renew?
Your billing cycle starts from the time you've activated the service.
In case you purchase a SIM card or a phone from our website, your service will start when you receive the package and activate it online.
Your plan will be active for the following 30 days, after which you will be billed again.
Tello plans last for 30 days only and automatic renewal will occur anytime between 5 AM EST and 11 AM EST on the 30th day. For example, if you activate the service on July 5th (anytime, morning or evening) that plan will automatically renew on August 4th anytime between 5 AM and 11 AM EST.
Any changes you want to make to your active plan must be made at least 24 hours before the renewal date and can only be done directly from your online account.
Where can I check my usage?
You can check your usage in the Activity section of your online account.
It will show you the calls, texts and data usage on your line since your plan last renewed and any Pay As You Go usage in the last 30 days.
All incoming & outgoing calls are charged per minute & you are charged for all incoming calls & texts.
Calls are rounded up to 1-minute increments, regardless if you use Pay As You Go or minutes from your plan balance.
- if you just had a call of 14 minutes and 23 seconds, you will be charged for 15 full minutes and it will display under the "Usage" column of your Activity as "14:23 min"
- if you had a call for just 34 seconds, you will be charged for 1 minute and it will display under the "Usage" column of your Activity as "0:34 min"
Can I purchase more than one plan at a time?
No. You need to purchase a plan for each line separately.
You can get started on our Family Plans page and follow the prompts to add new lines.
How does billing work on a family plan?
Each line in your account has its own plan which will have its own individual billing date and payment method.
You can change or restart a plan anytime and this will reset the billing date but bear in mind that we will not provide refunds (partial or otherwise) for canceled, repurchased, or updated plans.
We try to group your recurring charges into as few invoices as possible for plans with the same billing date.
Can I have the same billing date for all my family plan lines?
The billing date for each line is set according to the day each plan is activated.
All plan purchases and activations made on the same day will have the same billing date.
So for example, if you are a new customer and purchase and activate 3 lines on the same day, you will have the same billing date for all your lines and 1 invoice to cover all lines.
However, if you decide to merge some family members' existing lines into your own account, then all the lines will retain the existing individual billing dates. The billing dates will not sync.
If you would like to add new lines to your account for people who are not already Tello customers, and you really need to have the same billing date, then the best thing to do is add the new lines on the morning of your existing billing date.
Have more questions?
We've got answers!Visit our Help Center
Check out our blog
Check out our blog for more frugal and tech tips & tricks for you and your family. Oh, and news about promotions, you wouldn't want to miss that!See what's new